Hmm… it doesn’t look tasty right? But it tasted good! with the cheese taste and butter.. wooolala! Anyway, this is another recipe that I got it from the net.
– 1 1/2 cups (340g) caster sugar (I used 195g, but it can be reduced further as i still find it too sweet.)
– 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, otherwise, 1/4 tsp regular salt
– 2 1/4 cups (250g) self-raising flour, sifted (No self-raising flour? No problem! Use 250g plain flour + 3 tsp baking powder and mix well)
– 250g butter, softened
– 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
– 1/3 cup (70ml) milk
– 3 large eggs
– Optional: 150g berries of your choice, fresh, frozen or dried (I used blueberries!)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper. Also grease and line a small loaf pan with baking paper.
* The batter filled up a Wilton 6-mini loaf pan and a 6-large muffin pan. ( I did it on a whole baking tray instead of the above)
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy. Add the cream cheese and milk. Beat until smooth.
3. Add the flour, beat briefly until mixed. Fold in the blueberries with a light hand. Spoon 3/4 of the cake batter into the square tin and 1/4 of the cake batter into the loaf pan.
4. Bake the square pan in the pre-heated oven for approximately 50 minutes until a skewer in the middle comes out clean. Bake the loaf pan for approximately 35 minutes.
* I baked all together and it took about 30mins for the muffin tin and almost an hour for the mini loaf tin.
5. Dust cooled cakes with icing sugar and garnish with berries before serving.