Weather in Singapore is really humid! People are falling sick with flu virus and heatiness. Thus, I decided to make this to cool ourselves down! …. In chinese restaurant, especially dim sum places, you will see this on the menu under dessert. It meant to be served cool.
So osmanthus is healthy and I did not add in any other fragance to make it tasteful. I bought the jelly premix, no flavour. The premix has a strawberry flavour, but i guess it will make it weird with osmanthus so I did not use that.
This is how it looks like. I follow the instructions at the back of the packaging, but I am sure any premix can be used, as long as there are instructions provided.
It is said that osmanthus prevent cough and phlegm.
Okay! now for the recipe… adapted from here
- 1 packet of pre-sweetened konnyaku jelly powder (mine is 250g)
- water (according to the konnyaku jelly powder box instructions; mine requires 1250ml)
- dried osmanthus flowers 桂花 (1 to 1.5 tsp for every 400ml water)
- 2 tsp wolfberries soaked in water until puffy; drained
- jelly moulds
- In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. When water is boiling, lower heat and then add osmanthus flowers. Simmer for a short few minutes (roughly 2 minutes).
- Add konnyaku jelly powder. Stir until the powder is fully dissolved. Off the flame.
- Add 2-4 wolfberries to each jelly mould, then pour the jelly solution prepared in step 2 to fill each mould. Let the jelly cool down a bit in room temperature and chill in fridge until the jelly is set.
You have to do it fast after switching off the flame as the jelly will slowly get solidify at room temperature. Hope you guys like this one!